Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.QualificationsJOB SUMMARYAs a member of the property management staff, contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support the property and technology Information Resources objectives. Position is responsible to the property for all technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. May interfaces with vendors, owners, Executive Committee and property staff.As a member of the property executive staff, the Associate has responsibility for IT related activities. Key focuses in this role are:Key focuses in this role are:Contributes advanced hospitality technology knowledge and skill to manage and support property IT operations in accordance with Roles/Responsibility matrix.Implements and monitors systems and manages compliance to IT requirements.Accountable for all property technology planning, decision-making, implementation, maintenance and disposal.Engages with technology partners, owners, Executive Committee and property staff to understand business needs/issues and formulate IT related solutions.Management Property Internet SupportMay manager property iT Specialist(s).GeneralAchieves balanced scorecard and annual goals as set.Manages IT costs and reduce where feasible.Pre-construction/Preopening/Project Management:Provides support/project management during pre-opening period of own (and where seconded) taskforce properties, and provides project management and implementation for all IT related projects as assigned by Regional IT and Hotel management team.PeopleAccountable for assigned properties technology partner relationships/contracting /service levels.ProductResponsible for the research of technology products in the assigned property.Accountable for technology pilots that occur in assigned property.ProcessEngages with, and primary escalation point for Property GM, DOF and other Executive level Department Heads.CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and Experience
- Hotel or Hospitality Management education or Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Awareness of Global Hospitality Technology trends.
- Back of the house and guest facing operational and technical experience with hospitality management systems.
SkillsSolid knowledge of :Server and Active Directory Architecture and Security implementation.Windows 2003/2008 Server Operating System and Active Directory.Desktop Operating Systems and Desktop Management (GPO).Outlook email and approved mobile devices.A&C principles and related IT design standards.IT organization and resources available.LAN Networks.Technology partner contracts.Understanding of all of the Company’s technical standards and MIPs.Basic knowledge of:– Accounting rules and financial reporting.– Windows Scripting.– Excel, Database and web reporting tools.ExperienceMinimum 2 year’s project management experience.Minimum 3 years in an Associate Supervisory role.Proven negotiation skills.CORE WORK ACTIVITIESGeneral
- Maintains documented balanced scorecard and annual goals and focus on achieving these goals. Provides status updates as required to Hotel Management and Regional IT team.
- Does not need extensive supervision on a day to day basis.
- Works with Property leaders to prioritize CAPEX and prepare cost estimates and approval documents for Management and Owners. Escalate to Senior iT Manager if elements of the system are lagging current standards excessively.
- Reads and understands the Roles/Responsibility matrix. Has implemented and behaves in a manner that corresponds to this operating model.
- Arranges housekeeping to clean the responsible facilities at least once per week. Maintains a ‘clean’ work desk and Communications Centre/Office. Disposes appropriately of out of date hardware and software.
- Focuses on Audit related items within and outside the direct control. Audit of Financial User ID’s needs to be included.
- Accountable for IT PCI related responsibilities and requirements.
- Manages the property asset inventory.
- Accountable for backups and technology disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Attends Bi-weekly Regional IT Calls
- Attends Leadership team meetings (as necessary) at hotel and address any specific IT related issues.
- Accountable for opening of new and acquisition hotel(s) from approximately 6-12 months before opening by:
-Managing and issuing the IT pre-opening countdown report.-Monitoring technology partner responsibilities.-Ensuring appropriate resources are assigned from IT and technology partner pool.-Ensuring IT funding approvals are completed by Owners and agree with Senior iT Manager and GM(s) in relation to any exceptions.-Meeting IT related standards.-Passing Continent IT Quality Control process (back and front of house) and remediating any reported failing areas.-Working with technology partner to prepare property Guest Internet network technology partner contract for Senior iT Manager approval and authorizing payment processing of all IT contracts relating to property openings in consultation with the Senior iT Manager.-Ensuring IT delivery is timely, taking into account local variables beyond IT’s control.-Ensuring defects are being documented, monitored and resolved at new build properties.-Chairing project wrap up calls for new Hotel projects, and actively participating in the mid calls.People
- Compiles, edits and reuses educational presentation updates to Property Management about new technology and changes to existing technology. Some of this may be relayed in owner presentations.
- Uses the ‘one team’ concept to build and maintain positive and effective relations with Property Associates, Regional IT and technology partners.
- Meets all HR/IT HR required processes in the interest of Associate development and management.
- Ensures the hiring of potential IT Manager capable Associates when hiring staff so as they can be trained over time as a potential replacement or organizational offering to the greater IT group.
- Meets all IT technology partners servicing the property on a routine and ad hoc basis. Reviews SLAs and incidences to promote improvements to the local IT operation.
- Assesses the level of computer skills of Associates at property. Works with HR and external technology partners to develop plans to improve where needed.
- Monitors internet based articles; attend local and regional IT trade shows as well IT Education meetings.
- Knows how to locate, has read and maintains practical expert knowledge of IT and Company IT related policy and procedures. Communicates this to the user community as appropriate. Keeps management aware of business risks.
- Conducts self IT audit at least twice per year. Performs spot checks on processes by Associates. Ensures IT processes are met especially in relation to ID management.
- Ensures maintenance of hardware at the property through internal cleaning and external technology partner SLAs.
- Attends IT and business related training using the guides provided by Regional IT.
- Provide support in accordance with SLAs. Revise SLAs when needed.
- Maintains an IT related inventory for the property/properties.
- Prepares and communicates written project plans for significant local projects.
- Ensures appropriate backups, contingency plans and tests occur as scheduled.
- Ensures the network is secured in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensures all property technology is appropriately documented and licensed.
- Seeks to maximize uptime of all systems and telecoms services. Maintains logs as required.
- Prepares and complete the CAPEX budgeting for property/properties as per the schedule given
- Arranges for training and communications for audits at properties and manage remediation action on any major findings.
- Complies with Marriott’s Security Standards and PCI requirements in the property/properties.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.